Salt & Pepper Indian Restaurant
Dec 30, 2020
Unlike national food of other countries, Indian food has a huge constellation of culinary traditions and that from all parts of the Asian content. People, who have not tasted the Indian cuisine earlier, may wonder that these food items are all about curries. However, this is not the fact. In this piece of writing, we will be talking about different aspects of the Indian food.
Common Ingredients And Flavors Of The Indian Cuisine:
In addition to the common spice kit of chili peppers, ginger, garlic, and allspice; common ingredients in the Indian cooking includes the following:
- Chili peppers, which are powdered after being dried
- Mustard seeds are considered to be one of the essentials of Indian cooking. When these seeds are roasted their natural fieriness is tempered as the seeds become nuttier in their flavor
- Fennel seeds offers enhanced anise flavor as compared to the bulbs
- Cumin has a strong and pungent aroma of many Indian as well as Mexican dishes
- Cardamom is a spice with sweet and warm flavor. You can add the whole pod or crush it to extract the seeds. They can be used as it is or crushed before using
- Coriander is one of dried berries giving aromatic flavor having no similarity to the herb that actually produces it
- Turmeric is one of the yellow spices that come from a dried root. It gives hallmark color to any curry it is added to and has mustard flavor
- Garam masala is a mixture of custom spices. It is an indicator of local palates and changes a little depending on where are you
- Ghee is Indian version of butter and it issued in many Indian recipes
Is Indian Food, Healthy?
Indian food is considered to be comparatively healthy with plenty of vegetable based dishes. This simply means that it does not matter if you are a vegetarian or a non-vegetarian, you will be well fed by this cuisine. Since for Hindus cow is scared while Muslims are prohibited from eating pork, usually proteins are taken in the form of chicken, fish, and lamb in Indian cuisine. Yogurt and cheese are prominent ingredients of certain vegetarian dishes such as naan and saagpaneer.
Common Side Dishes Of Indian Cuisine:
Raita: It is made from yogurt well studded with ground spices and grated vegetables
Chutneys: These chutneys are made from tamarind to mint and serve to be favorite addition to snacks such as samosa or masala dosa.
Achaar: It comes in several varieties. It is usually made up of either fruits or vegetables and brightens up anything from dal to yogurt to rice. It is present on each and every Indian table.
If you are using the phrase Indian restaurant near me, then we are your ultimate destination to tasty, traditional and scrumptious Indian food. We are serving the community NC, with our Indian cuisine. You will feel eating at home. Feel free to access our official site i.e. www.saltnpeppernc.com and have a detailed look at our menu. You will not regret eating with us in any manner.
- (no comments)